Sophos Certified Engineer - SafeGuard Encryption
Sophos Certified Engineer – Course overview
This course is designed for technical professionals who will be demonstrating SafeGuard Encryption and provides an overview of the product, including an introduction to the major capabilities and core configuration concepts.
The course is available either online via the Partner Portal, or as an instructor-led classroom course. Please contact your CAM or CAE to find out more about the availability of classroom courses in your region. It consists of presentations and practical lab exercises to reinforce the taught content, and electronic copies of the supporting documents for the course will be provided to each trainee through the online portal.
The course is expected to take 1 day to complete, of which roughly 4 hours will be spent on the practical exercises.
On completion of this course, trainees will be able to:
- Explain the basics of encryption.
- Describe the main technical capabilities of SafeGuard Enterprise (SGN) and its benefits.
- Deploy and manage SGN in a demonstration environment.
- Demonstrate the most commonly used features.
- List the system requirements for SGN.
- Locate and use additional online resources.
Prior to attending this course, trainees should:
- Be able to setup a Windows server, with Windows workstations
- Have knowledge of general Windows networking
If you are uncertain whether you meet the necessary prerequisites to take this course, please email us at globaltraining@ and we will be happy to help. sophos.com
To complete the course, trainees must take and pass an online assessment. The assessment tests their knowledge of both the presented and practical content. The pass mark for the assessment is 80%, and trainees should note that to become a Sophos Certified Engineer, they must complete and pass two product courses.
- Module 201: Encryption: the basics
- Encryption overview
- Authentication forms
- Volume-based and file-based encryption
- Security certifications
- Module 202: SafeGuard Enterprise management
- Product overview
- SafeGuard Management Center
- Device Encryption
- Native Device Encryption
- Data Exchange
- Encryption for File Shares
- Encryption for Cloud Storage
- Mobile Encryption
- Server requirements
- Web Help Desk
- Upgrade paths
- Module 203: SafeGuard Enterprise clients
- Secure boot
- Device encryption
- SafeGuard POA
- BitLocker recovery
- FileVault 2 recovery
- Disk recovery
- Device Protection policy
- Configuration Protection
- Client requirements
- Module 204: Data Exchange, File Shares and Cloud Storage
- Data Exchange
- File Shares
- Cloud Storage
- Windows Explorer extensions
- SafeGuard Portable
- Module 205: Online resources
- Product trials
If you require any further information on this course, please contact us at globaltraining@. sophos.com
Find here the current training specification as PDF-file.
- System Engineer